Friday, July 18, 2008

Do I love it?

No, I don't love all my projects equally. And since they are just projects, it's ok to like some better than others. I'm feeling philosophical, hold on tight!

Why are certain projects lower on my "love" list? As a designer, I am sometimes asked to make a type of project with a specific yarn and color. If I have ever disliked a project I have made, I would say 90% of the time it is because I didn't care for the yarn that was chosen. The other 10% of the time if I dislike a project I have made it is because I feel like I could have made it better given more time, or I wish I could "do it over" because I learned something along the way that I wish I had known before I started the project. Are you following? This is very hard to talk about without being specific. But, I don't want to hurt any of my project's feelings, and if I were to be specific, a project might recognize itself in this discussion. :) Bear with me and be grateful that I'm not talking about myself in the third person! I'm feeling the need to throw out some Project Runway lingo, like "fiber-licious" and "Fierce".
What makes me LOVE a project? When it is a project that I feel is well executed (no mistakes) well written, has great colors, and is unlike anything I have ever seen before. My favorite afghan of all time (so far), Brocade

My favorite Bag of all time: (well, it's about to change any minute, but I can't share just yet).... Tunisian Backpack Purse. (View it at right of the blog page).

My favorite Garment of all time: Uh, again, I just designed 8 designs since January and I can't show you ANY of them!!!! So I can't tell you, which is fine, because it's really hard to decide. I love the projects for what I learned, the fit I achieved.

But, I can show you my favorite PILLOW of all time! (I think I have only done one....)

1 comment:

Betsey said...

That is an amazing afghan. I love it too! Looking forward to seeing your new designs.