I went through my button bin and found this odd assortment in the approximate size. I'm sure you could call a few of them "vintage". The retro one in the upper left corner was cool, but quickly the little star shaped thing in the middle fell off. I didn't make any button holes, so I needed buttons that would naturally fit through the openings made by the pattern. I ended up choosing the 2 silver buttons in the package on the right.
Here it is on and finished! "On time and Under Budget" as Captain would say.
The forecast says it's going to be a high of 60 on Sunday. I'll probably still be chilly even with this on. I'm a freeze-cat most of the time.