Kara Gott Warner, editor of Creative Knitting, interviewed me recently for the Power Purls Podcast. We talked about many great things including some TRENDS that I see happening in crochet.
Here are some highlights: Ellen’s eureka moment that led to a crochet design career.
- Lesson learned- don’t go against your grain.
- How a $100 investment turned into the beginning of her designing career.
- The pay off of persistence– 1 year and 100 designs later led to a big payoff. Persistence is everything!
- Why it’s important to study pattern books and magazines of publishers you want to work with.
- Keep going until you get a YES.
- A look behind-the-scenes at the fast and furious pace of the Annie’s PBS television series, Knit and Crochet Now!
- Ellen shares the details about her “bridge from knit to crochet” scarflette design in Creative Knitting magazine.
- Why Ellen considers herself more of a curator rather than editor.
- Instead of finding work/life balance, Ellen refers to this as “taking turns.”